Start of the Rainbow

Back in the world of finger-crochet, I still determined to get the tension right. I realised my problem lay in always allowing the yarn to tighten as I went along. I obviously had some kind of fear of it getting too loose (perhaps some deep memory of my previous “floppiness” issues).

Bored with experimenting, I wanted to make something BIG, and while I really should have perfected the technique before embarking on something BIG, I just went for it, and I started on a “rainbow” blanket! I concentrated on leaving the yarn much looser than I wanted to, which made me feel very uncomfortable, but it worked! Each row – of 140 stitches – turned out exactly the same length as the one before. This was a first for me, and meant I’d FINALLY CRACKED THE TENSION! Which was just as well, because I couldn’t afford for the this project to go wrong. Literally couldn’t afford it – the wool alone was costing me a fortune. Now all I had to do was finish it; but with 2 skeins down, and 34 to go, it was going to take a while…

The 2km blanket, after the first week.

The 2km blanket, after the first week.

facebooktwitterpinterest instagram